In-House Commercial Lawyer (Interim)
An excellent opportunity has arisen here at Joules to join the business as an In-House Lawyer on a 12 month fixed term basis (maternity cover). The role will be based at our Head Office, in the rural town of Market Harborough, just an hour’s train journey from London St Pancras.
Applicants will be considered for a full time or part time position (4 days per weeks).
You will be working in a fast-paced environment, providing commercial support and advice to the whole business. Reporting into the General Counsel, key responsibilities will include:-
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, in particular IT contracts, logistics contracts and supply of goods and services agreements.
- Maintaining and regularly updating the company’s standard T&C’s, including website terms and business to business purchase terms.
- Advising on marketing matters, competitions and sales promotions.
- Providing training and legal updates to the business.
- Providing compliance advice including data protection, Bribery Act and competition law.
- Liaising with senior management and providing efficient legal advice to the wider business.
- Co-ordinating external legal support (in particular international legal providers).
- The successful candidate will be a qualified lawyer with 2-4 years’ PQE*, have trained in a leading law firm and have experience of working within an in-house environment, preferably in the retail sector.
- You will be comfortable working with and communicating to colleagues at all levels of the business and you will be able to work well as part of a team as well as having the ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills are essential along with good commercial awareness and the ability to succeed in a fast-paced business.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a fast- paced and exciting British brand who are market leaders in their field.
Competitive salary and benefits package available.
* The PQE indicated in this advertisement is intended as a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE