Print Design Assistant - 12 month undergraduate work placement
We now have an exciting opportunity for a for a Print Design Assistant on a 12 month undergraduate work placement within the Joules Print Design Team.
On completion of the year the successful candidate will learn the following skills:
- Training on all Creative Suite Programs in accordance with industry requirements
- A dedicated Print Design mentor who will provide guidance during their time at the business
- Design responsibility for a number of prints used within the collection per season
- Training in the creation of print repeat tiles and colour separation in preparation for production
- Training in colour matching to industry standards and also the creation of all CAD & fabric colour palettes required seasonally
- Some mood and colour prediction work
- Production preparation
- Meeting preparation: Preparing presentations, colour palettes, printing repeat tiles and mood boards
- Maintaining Joules vintage print and colour archives
- On completion of a season the candidate will be responsible for producing a visual bible of all prints and capsules used within the season
The successful candidate will be studying towards a relevant print or textile design degree and possess brilliant freehand illustration skills, a great eye for colour and the enthusiasm and dedication required to join our busy print studio. In return Joules will provide a competitive salary and the opportunity to learn the fundamental skills required for a career in print design.
Please apply today with your CV and portfolio.