Management Accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA) – 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
We are as busy as ever here at Joules and now have a vacancy for a Management Accountant on an initial 6-Month Fixed Term Contract (FTC) to join our exciting and rapidly growing lifestyle brand. The role would be based at our Head Office in Market Harborough, working in our 20+ strong close-knit Finance team and reporting directly to our Group Management Accountant.
We are looking for a commercially savvy part qualified or ideally qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA) who will be excited at the prospect of getting involved in the cut and thrust of a busy and fast paced entrepreneurial and global retail business.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
Month End Management Accounts
- As part of the management team is responsible for producing the monthly management accounts. This includes calculating appropriate accruals/ prepayments. Processing sales and VAT information accurately.
- Have a good understanding of the key drivers of margin and costs.
- Review costs against actual run rates, budget, last year and forecast and provide accordingly
- Investigate and explain major variances to budget, forecast and last year to department heads and directors
Purchase Invoice Approval
- Approve the final posting of invoices. In particular have the attention to detail and a commercial understanding to challenge coding and spend.
Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- To produce lead schedules to support balances within strict deadlines.
- Understand what balances represent and effectively explain schedules. Produce and provide supporting backing documentation where appropriate.
- Responsible for Finance Business Partnering for Wholesale channel and reporting accurate customer level accounts.
- Monitor and analyse the Debtors ledger, working closely with the Credit Control team.
- Prepare lead schedules and various reports showing spend vs. forecasts.
- Part (studying final level) or Fully Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA or international equivalent
- Demonstrate experience of producing management accounts information.
- Proven experience in double entry accounting
- IT literate (confident in the use of Excel)
- Accurate and excellent standards of written and verbal communication
- Strong numerical skills
- Influencing, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills with a high level of attention to detail.
In return, as our Management Accountant (6-month FTC), you be entitled to a 50% clothing employee discount, Annual Leave of 31 days pro rata including bank holidays plus 1 day family leave, 2 days volunteering days per year, cycle to work, Employee Assistance Programme, Voluntary Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance, “Thank You” scheme.
If you want to develop your Finance career with a rapidly expanding lifestyle brand, please click ‘APPLY NOW’ to submit your CV for our immediate consideration.